~ This blog post is an adapted excerpt from a sermon by Renee Roeckelein. You can hear the whole sermon, Taking God at His Word (part 2), from Agathos Church – a non-denominational Christian Church in Columbus, Ohio by clicking here.
Since Renee has been sharing about the promises of God and how we can possess them through faith, I wanted to take a minute to post some of the promises she referenced in her last sermon. Now, remember, there are thousands more in the Word – one for any need you may have. Find your provision in His Word! Here are some to start with. Where relatively simply to do so, I re-worded these to the first person. I personally do this with God’s promises. I turn them into first person and speak them as declarations over my life. Sometimes I speak them out of great faith. Other times I speak them because I need to release greater faith. Praise God for His Word! It WILL change your life. Here are some promises:
- Romans 8:37 . . . I am more than a conqueror
- Romans 5:17 . . . I reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ
- Deut. 28:13 . . . I shall be above only and not be beneath
- Psalm 127:2; Ps. 3:5 . . . He gives me sleep
- Deut. 28:8 . . . He blesses me in all to which I set my hand
- Deut. 28:12 . . . He blesses all the work of my hand
- Is. 54:13 . . . great shall be the peace of my children
- Ps 91:11 . . . He shall give His angels charge over me
- Is.54:17 . . . No weapon formed against me shall prosper
- Deut 28:7 . . . The Lord will cause my enemies who rise against me to be defeated before my face.
- Ps. 112:2 . . . Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. His descendants will be might on earth.
- Ps. 5:12 . . . For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous, with favor You will surround him as with a shield.
- Ps.138:8 . . . The Lord will perfect that which concerns me (this one sums them all up!).